Karena the Geek

This is the first blog in a series to cover everything you need to know to make the best use of your computer. It is written for the lay person, from beginner to intermediate level. The first part of the series will cover protecting your data.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Protect Your Data: Here's How

Ok this is going to be a book. However we will begin with a CD topic for which I will write the text here. I have worked in IT off and on since 1963, but fairly steadily since 1981. No I am not an engineer or even a programmer. Mostly I do technical writing, create user guides, training manuals and quick start guides. I have also done technical support on every job I have ever had, and that is my day job now, except that I work graveyard shift. This allows me plenty of time to write.

The subject of this Guide is Protecting Your Data. In the past six months alone I have personally spoken with dozens of people who have lost data. This is extremely painful and totally unnecessary! People lose email, documents, pictures and music every day, and it does not ever need to happen. People lose data when their systems crash, when they get a virus or have to have their system repaired. They lose data through accidental deletion or even a malicious invasion from a hacker. This never needs to happen, and it does not take either big bucks or big brains to protect it. It simply takes a little planning, some time and attention. In this space I will tell you how.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home